The full list of Final Fantasy characters and equipment (and the games they’re from) featured in the collaboration is below. Click through the image gallery to get a closer look at some of these.
- Final Fantasy: Chaos
- Final Fantasy II: Emperor of Palamecia
- Final Fantasy III: Cloud of Darkness
- Final Fantasy IV: Zeromus
- Final Fantasy V: Gilgamesh and Neo Exdeath
- Final Fantasy VI: Kefka
- Final Fantasy VII: Cloud, Sephiroth, Buster Sword, Masamune, and Fat Chocobo
- Final Fantasy VIII: Squall, Rinoa, Angelo, Gunblade, and Pinwheel
- Final Fantasy IX: Zidane, Vivi, and Mage Masher
- Final Fantasy X: Yuna, Tidus, Tidus’ Brotherhood, and Yuna’s Staff
- Final Fantasy Type-0: Ace
- Final Fantasy Dimensions Series: Aemo, Mootie
- Mobius Final Fantasy: Wol
Final Fantasy hero characters can be found in the Puzzle & Dragons Egg Machine, while the villains are located in a dungeon called Netherworld.
Puzzle and Dragons is a free-to-play match-three puzzle game that is wildly popular in Japan. Gameplay revolves around players commanding a team of monsters to explore dungeons, do battle, and collect treasures. Battles themselves are conducted through a puzzle game similar in style to Bejeweled.
Final Fantasy is not the first major gaming franchise to come to Puzzle & Dragons through a crossover promotion. GungHo and Nintendo previously partnered for a special Super Mario Bros. version of the game, which featured several iconic Mario characters including Mario, Luigi, Peach, Toad, and Bowser.