Nintendo Switch Cartridges Taste Terrible

If you were thinking about eating Nintendo Switch cartridges, please don’t.

Due to taste tests by multiple intrepid reporters, including Giant Bomb’s Jeff Gertsmann and IGN’s Alanah Pearce, Switch cartridges were discovered to have a lingering, bitter taste to them. And there’s actually an official reason for it.

In a statement provided to IGN, a representative for Nintendo explained that the cartridges have been coated with a “bittering agent” to discourage owners from eating them.

“To avoid the possibility of accidental ingestion, keep the game card away from young children. A bittering agent (Denatonium Benzoate) has also been applied to the game card. This bittering agent is non-toxic,” the statement reads.

Continue reading…

Author: 

Source: IGN.com

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *