Nintendo has revealed the differences between the Switch and Wii U versions of The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild.
In a statement provided to IGN, Nintendo explained the following “key facts” about each version:
- Both launch on the same day, March 3.
- Both have a frame rate of 30fps.
- Both versions of the game offer the same content.
- On a TV, the Nintendo Switch version of the game renders in 900p while the Wii U version renders in 720p.
- The Nintendo Switch version has higher-quality environmental sounds. As a result, the sound of steps, water, grass, etc. are more realistic and enhance the game’s Open-Air feel.