RVG Forum

Welcome to RVG => Introductions => Topic started by: thedamnedunited on Apr 18, 2013, 04:59 AM

Title: Hi There !
Post by: thedamnedunited on Apr 18, 2013, 04:59 AM
Hi Everyone,

Found this forum when browsing around the net, and thought I would join in.

I currently co "own" (if you ever really own these type of things  :113: which is how I came across you guys.

I have what I suppose would be considered as quite a decent collection of over 60 consoles and computers, ranging from current gen PS3's and 360's right the way back to the old Pong console's with lots of interesting stuff in between.

Cheers and catch you around the forum !
Title: Re: Hi There !
Post by: TrekMD on Apr 18, 2013, 07:02 AM
Welcome aboard thedamnedunited!  Looks like you have a collection that goes the whole gamut from retro to modern.  Looking forward to your contributions to the forum.  :)
Title: Re: Hi There !
Post by: TL on Apr 18, 2013, 08:15 AM
Welcome to the forum, I hope you enjoy the place!
Title: Re: Hi There !
Post by: zapiy on Apr 18, 2013, 09:28 AM
Welcome aboard fella. How did you stumble upon us?
Title: Re: Hi There !
Post by: Greyfox on Apr 18, 2013, 09:31 AM
Welcome to RVG..it's a great place and very friendly to all new comers :)
Title: Re: Hi There !
Post by: Shadowrunner on Apr 18, 2013, 09:50 AM
Hello and welcome  :)
Title: Re: Hi There !
Post by: thedamnedunited on Apr 18, 2013, 11:01 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome chaps !

I came across you guys on twitter, checked out the web site and saw that you had a forum.

This is a list of my systems (and a few that I still have to get :( )

Title: Re: Hi There !
Post by: TL on Apr 18, 2013, 11:03 AM
You do realise you have ther Atari Jaguar under handhelds and the Milton Bradley Vectrex listed as being by Bandai don't you? :3:
Title: Re: Hi There !
Post by: thedamnedunited on Apr 18, 2013, 11:42 AM

You do realise you have ther Atari Jaguar under handhelds and the Milton Bradley Vectrex listed as being by Bandai don't you? :D
Title: Re: Hi There !
Post by: Katzkatz on Apr 18, 2013, 11:12 PM
Hi thedamnedunited.  Have fun in this place.   :113:
Title: Re: Hi There !
Post by: Mire Mare on Apr 19, 2013, 05:45 AM
Welcome to the boards. Very nice collection of hardware. Do you have a few favourites?  Any you regularly use?
Title: Re: Hi There !
Post by: thedamnedunited on Apr 19, 2013, 06:21 AM

Welcome to the boards. Very nice collection of hardware. Do you have a few favourites?  Any you regularly use?


Hi !

Favourite retro machine is undoubtedly the C64 followed by the Amiga. It's the route I went first time around :)

I would say I retro game about once a week for a couple of hours. My youngest boy (10) is taking a distinct interest in retro gaming (at the moment he is doing a spreadsheet of the "best" 25 games for each system) so we normally spend a bit of time picking a game and system and having a mess around.

Main gaming though is done on the PS3 . I run a PS3 gaming forum as mentioned above.
Title: Re: Hi There !
Post by: Mire Mare on Apr 19, 2013, 02:18 PM


Welcome to the boards. Very nice collection of hardware. Do you have a few favourites?  Any you regularly use?


Hi !

Favourite retro machine is undoubtedly the C64 followed by the Amiga. It's the route I went first time around :16:

It'd be great to see the best 25 choices.  Be interesting to see how that compares to my own favourites of the c64 era. 

Do you keep up to date with current releases?  Knight n Grail, Soulless & the very new Guns n Ghosts?  I'm yet to grab Guns n Ghosts but the other 2 are awesome games and highly recommended :)
Title: Re: Hi There !
Post by: TL on Apr 19, 2013, 02:21 PM
Get a room!  :3:
Title: Re: Hi There !
Post by: thedamnedunited on Apr 19, 2013, 03:58 PM

Get a room!  :3:


Hehe :)

Could be an idea that !
Title: Re: Hi There !
Post by: thedamnedunited on Apr 19, 2013, 04:04 PM


The c64 eh? Well, in that case, you're even more welcome!  :)


No - I don't at all, but sounds great ! I guess you know a site that you can buy these from ?

I'll post the top 25 C64 games. My son has done the list just based on researching the Internet, but I'll do one of my own top 25 - "If I show you mine, you can show me yours :) "

Thanks again for the welcome !
Title: Re: Hi There !
Post by: TL on Apr 19, 2013, 04:07 PM
There are lots of threads about C64 homebrews in the homebrew sectiion (funnily enough!)

Otherwise http://www.rgcd.co.uk is a good place to start  :4:
Title: Re: Hi There !
Post by: DreamcastRIP on Apr 19, 2013, 04:23 PM
Welcome! So are you a retro gaming admirer of the late Brian Clough?





If so then I guess you already own this game...



 :4:
Title: Re: Hi There !
Post by: thedamnedunited on Apr 19, 2013, 04:25 PM

There are lots of threads about C64 homebrews in the homebrew sectiion (funnily enough!)

Otherwise http://www.rgcd.co.uk is a good place to start  :4:


Great - I'll take a look over there !

Have to say - you guys run a superb forum. I have spent more time on here than my own the last couple of days lol
Title: Re: Hi There !
Post by: TL on Apr 19, 2013, 04:33 PM


There are lots of threads about C64 homebrews in the homebrew sectiion (funnily enough!)

Otherwise http://www.rgcd.co.uk is a good place to start  :4:


Great - I'll take a look over there !

Have to say - you guys run a superb forum. I have spent more time on here than my own the last couple of days lol


Thanks, make sure you spread the word!
Title: Re: Hi There !
Post by: thedamnedunited on Apr 19, 2013, 04:33 PM
Not particularly a Brian Clough fan, (I always get mistaken as a Leeds Utd supporter) but admire his achievements and of course his outspoken comments etc

I had just read the book which I thought was superb, when I bought first PS3 - so I thought it would be a cool PSN name.

Favourite game character on PS3 is undoubtedly the Helghast in Kill Zone so Graphic Designer chap at work did a spot of "photo shopping" (a skill that is sadly beyond me) :D
Title: Re: Hi There !
Post by: Mire Mare on Apr 19, 2013, 05:32 PM



The c64 eh? Well, in that case, you're even more welcome!  :)


No - I don't at all, but sounds great ! I guess you know a site that you can buy these from ?

I'll post the top 25 C64 games. My son has done the list just based on researching the Internet, but I'll do one of my own top 25 - "If I show you mine, you can show me yours :) "

Thanks again for the welcome !


Check out Psytronik @ http://www.psytronik.net/  You can buy physical tapes and disks or digital downloads, for ccs64, WinVice etc, of the games I mentioned.  There're some great games to be had and I think some are £free!
Title: Re: Hi There !
Post by: DreamcastRIP on Apr 19, 2013, 06:07 PM

Not particularly a Brian Clough fan, (I always get mistaken as a Leeds Utd supporter) but admire his achievements and of course his outspoken comments etc

I had just read the book which I thought was superb, when I bought first PS3 - so I thought it would be a cool PSN name.

Favourite game character on PS3 is undoubtedly the Helghast in Kill Zone so Graphic Designer chap at work did a spot of "photo shopping" (a skill that is sadly beyond me) :D


An entertaining book for sure albeit one that portrayed Clough in an unduly harsh manner, caused much personal grief to his widow and family and for which the author was successfuly sued in a court of law by an ex-Leeds United player over.

The subsequent movie adaption thankfully redressed the balance somewhat. Cracking movie. I'm not a Nottingham Forest, Derby County or Leeds Utd fan either so there's no bias here!
Title: Re: Hi There !
Post by: thedamnedunited on Apr 19, 2013, 06:33 PM
Thanks Mire Mare - will check it out :)
Title: Re: Hi There !
Post by: thedamnedunited on Apr 19, 2013, 06:35 PM
Dreamcast RIP : yep, I would pretty much echo your sentiments about both the book and the film !!
Title: Re: Hi There !
Post by: onthinice on Apr 23, 2013, 06:52 AM
Hello! You have a very nice collection! Nice idea about the PS III forum 8)
Title: Hi There !
Post by: thedamnedunited on Apr 23, 2013, 07:31 AM

Hello! You have a very nice collection! Nice idea about the PS III forum 8)


Thanks Ice.

Yes - am rather pleased with it but now I need to build up a reasonable games collection for most of the systems AND somewhere to set them all up.

The PS3 forum has been going now for about 18 months - it's a lot of fun.