3 Guests, 0 Users

Footage of the lost "Gremlins" arcade game by Atari!

Started by TL, Apr 13, 2013, 06:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greyfox

that's crazy..but it's not unlike the Atari 8-bit game, only this time around, you walk outside in the street with a flash light and has a driving section, but a wonderful video, I never knew they had a game inbound to the Arcades based on the Gremlins movie, I think this type of stuff was what made Atari so great, Movie tie ins and they wanted in on everything that was popular at that time.. fascinating stuff :)

TL


that's crazy..but it's not unlike the Atari 8-bit game, only this time around, you walk outside in the street with a flash light and has a driving section, but a wonderful video, I never knew they had a game inbound to the Arcades based on the Gremlins movie, I think this type of stuff was what made Atari so great, Movie tie ins and they wanted in on everything that was popular at that time.. fascinating stuff :)


Apparently it was made by Franz Lanzinger who also programmed Crystal Castles and used the same System II board as Paperboy and Marble Madness.

Shadowrunner

That looks pretty cool. I would have thrown a few quarters in it for sure.

TrekMD

That does look pretty cool!  I wonder if they'd ported this to their home systems if they'd released this game to the arcades.

DreamcastRIP

Cool to see video footage all these years later :1: albeit I can understand for why Atari chose not to put the game into production.

Pretty cool seeing the protagonist being able to use a torch/flashlight to kill enemies... many, many years before Luigi's Mansion did it.

zapiy


onthinice


sloan

That game looks like it was built on the 3D isometric gaming engine that Paperboy was also built on. Even the score numerals and lettering are the same font type.

Too bad the ROM is not available to be played on MAME.

Minerals

this looks great, such a shame it never came out