5 Guests, 0 Users

Evolution of Retro Baseball Games

Started by TrekMD, Mar 04, 2013, 08:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

onthinice

Laird using one of his ten favorite words :21:

TrekMD

No video this time, but here is Pitcher's Duel for the Vectrex!  Here is what baseball looks like when played with vector graphics!

http://www.pinkgorillagames.com/retro/screenshot-thumb.JPG" alt="">[/align:1arj2cv1]


onthinice



onthinice

I played the Odyssey2 baseball in my younger days. Liked it back then but it seems to show its age now. Homerun on the Atari 2600 is about the same way.

TrekMD

Here is Championship  Baseball on the C64.

http://gamesdbase.com/Media/SYSTEM/Commodore_64/Snap/big/Championship_Baseball_-_1986_-_Activision.jpg" alt="">[/align:6h58sncl]


onthinice

I remember the title. Not sure I played it much. Sure is full of colors.

TrekMD

So, let's take a look at Baseball in another system.  Here is Super Action Basbeball on the ColecoVision!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHl5e_8dZNc[/align:uem64lz8]


onthinice

Super Action Baseball really looks impressive. I have a copy of the game. Just never have picked up a pair of the special controllers to play the game properly.

TrekMD


Super Action Baseball really looks impressive. I have a copy of the game. Just never have picked up a pair of the special controllers to play the game properly.


What is the controller that it requires?  Sucks that you have the game and can't play it!

onthinice

I believe it is called the Super Action Controller. It is rather neat looking.

onthinice


onthinice

You can see clearly how Atari was inspired for the Jaguar controller.

onthinice


onthinice