6 Guests, 0 Users

Evolution of Retro Baseball Games

Started by TrekMD, Mar 04, 2013, 08:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrekMD

So, they must be expensive to get.  Or you can always get one of those contraptions you posted first?  ;)

onthinice

I think the price is reasonable on-line. Just not sure how well built they are and if the price is enough to justify for the few games that would use the controllers. Same thing for the Coleco steering wheel.

TrekMD

OK, cool. 

Well, here is another baseball game to look at.  This time for the Arcadia 2001, simply called Baseball.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inQZhAW8J5E[/align:2dh0rahe]


onthinice

Looks like they took time to make a good game. Basic colors for sure. I like it!

TL

Which I have already posted earlier in the thread!  :65:

TrekMD


Which I have already posted earlier in the thread!  :65:


Damn!  I obviously did not scratch it off the list I keep!  LOL

TrekMD

OK, so let me post something else that has not been posted yet!  LOL  Here are two baseball games on the Atari Lynx!

Relieve Pitcher
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNNDb09po1M">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNNDb09po1M

Baseball Heroes
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7lG-984cg4">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7lG-984cg4
Can't find a good video with gameplay, sorry.[/align:q2s0dba3]



onthinice

The Lynx games look good.

Maybe it is just me, but every game I have played on the Sega Master, that had the word Great in the title has not been all that great of a game.


TrekMD

All those look pretty good.  Has anyone played them?  Are they as good as they look?

TL


All those look pretty good.  Has anyone played them?  Are they as good as they look?


I have the original World Series Baseball, it's pretty good.

Frank Thomas was actually supposed to come out on the Jag and was apparently near enough finished.

TrekMD

And we continue to be tortured to learn about titles that never made it to the Jaguar that were supposed to be coming for it. 

onthinice

I have Bases Loaded '96, Bottom of the Ninth, Frank Thomas Big Hurt, Grand Slam and World Series Baseball. Sadly I do not know which ones were not to be ported to the Jaguar. :78:

Like Laird, World Series Baseball is might favorite followed by Grand Slam and Bases Loaded '96.

TrekMD

Cool, looks like several of these are good games then.Â