5 Guests, 0 Users

Karma system

Started by zapiy, Apr 13, 2013, 03:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zapiy

All the Karma system we have activated is under test so please don't use at this time.

Cheers.


TL


TrekMD

So, is it bad Karma to give Karma when the Karma system is being tested?

zapiy

Yeah because I am not sure it can be removed lol.

dougtitchmarsh

I have been resisting using it, but I don't know how long I can hold out...

zapiy

It will hopefully go live tonight. More soon lol

Greyfox

@doug, it allows you "+" someone, at the moment, it won't Smite them

also just another thing I've notice Zap,when sending a message, I sent 2 yesterday and had replies etc. but directly to my email client and not in the private message board here on the forum, I'm not ruling out the possibility of a direct email , but both messages where send directly and not to my PM's here, which has been the norm from day one..?.. maybe something has been switch off?

TrekMD


Yeah because I am not sure it can be removed lol.


 :21:

TL

It can, we had this on another SM forum I was on. You just turn it off if you don't want it.

nakamura

I think this is a bad idea. For example Rogue Trooper seems to have minus 1 and I most certainly did not do that. He will probably think I did. It will stir up bad blood imo.

Mire Mare

I agree with nakamura's sentiment. This system was heinously abused on another forum whereby a regular user regularly left negative feedback to the admin or a mod. It was possible for staff to see who was doing this and resolve the issue with a ban but it was a messy few weeks that left a bad taste and lead to the system being removed.

Perhaps canvassing the RVG user base beforehand would have been a good idea. Unless i missed that - apologies if I did.

If I want to thank someone I will do just that with or without a rediculous system. If I've something to say, I'll say it.

TL


I agree with nakamura's sentiment. This system was heinously abused on another forum whereby a regular user regularly left negative feedback to the admin or a mod. It was possible for staff to see who was doing this and resolve the issue with a ban but it was a messy few weeks that left a bad taste and lead to the system being removed.

Perhaps canvassing the RVG user base beforehand would have been a good idea. Unless i missed that - apologies if I did.

If I want to thank someone I will do just that with or without a rediculous system. If I've something to say, I'll say it.


The ability to give negative Karma or "smite" has been disabled so that won't be a problem going forward.

In the last survey we did lots of people asked for a "Rep" system.

nakamura

A positive only rep system would be better. I certainly don't want to smite anyone. There is too much negativity on retro gaming forums.

TL


A positive only rep system would be better. I certainly don't want to smite anyone. There is too much negativity on retro gaming forums.


It is positive only, as I said!